Definition of Hepatitis
Hepatitis is inflammation of the liver, which is caused by viruses, medicines and toxic agents. At the moment, at least five (5) types of viral hepatitis are recognized which in this post we will find out about Hepatitis A, how it spreads and how to stop infection.
How hepatitis spreads
Hepatitis A (HAV) is spread mostly by oral make contact with with feces of an infected person (oral-fecal get in touch with), such as contaminated food or water sources, and any sexual make contact with, especially oral-anal sex.
Hepatitis A easily spreads amongst young youngsters in kindergartens and day cares as numerous can not wash their personal hands and are in diapers and because young children generally have no symptoms, no one particular may know that they may well be infected.
On rare occasions hepatitis A has been spread through blood transfusion, making use of blood items or sharing private tools and equipments specially sharing needles or other injecting gear which is contaminated with hepatitis A infected blood.
Transmission by blood seldom takes place because the virus can’t remain present for lengthy. As it enters the blood onset of infection occurs.
Symptoms of Hepatitis
Since hepatitis A is an acute illness, it produces an initial acute phase with couple of symptoms. If any symptom is realized, they tend to be equivalent to flu like symptoms:
– muscle or joint aches
– mild fever
– slight abdominal pain
– loss of appetite
The acute phases and their symptoms are seldom serious or fatal, but sometimes a swiftly progressing type may possibly lead to death.
Progressively the circumstances worsen and theses symptoms are knowledgeable:
– jaundice (yellowed skin, mucous membranes and eye-whites)
– light colored stools that might contain pus
– dark urine
The sorts of hepatitis are then distinguished by the course of the hepatitis and the varied outcome after the acute phase.
Prevention of Hepatitis
To avoid hepatitis A, constantly remember to the following:
– do not get involved in a sexual intercourse.
– commit to mutual monogamy (obtaining sex with only one uninfected companion).
– Reduce up non lubricated latex condoms or use of any moisture barriers, for instance household plastic wrap or dams (square piece of latex) can assist reduce the threat of transmitting Hepatitis A virus for the duration of oral-anal sex.
– Steer clear of sharing drug-injection gear specially drug needles.
– Steer clear of contaminated water or meals sources. Only consume freshly prepared foods. drink commercially bottled or well boiled water, that also in places exactly where water provide and sanitation are healthful and do not eat non-peeled raw vegetables or fruits unless cleaned appropriately.
– Do practice excellent individual hygiene, especially washing hands right after employing the toilet or altering any diapers or sanitary pads.
– To inactivate hepatitis A virus, heat the food at temperatures above 85 degrees Celsius for 1 minute or disinfect the surfaces with a 1:one hundred dilution of bleach in tap water (1 part bleach for each one hundred components of water).
– It is extremely important for you to take a ‘hepatitis A vaccination’ ahead of you travel to areas like Eastern Europe, Mexico, and other creating countries.
To Your Health!
contact me if you want to do some thing with me! my internet site is: arab4love (dot) blogspot (dot) com
By MADIA KAMEL on 2013-02-04 15:46:01